Master the essentials of project management; get everything you need to start managing your own successful projects.
Managing Projects is an essential project management foundation course and a great starting point for your project management development. Gain the project management skills, knowledge and tools you need to start running each stage of the project life-cycle. You will learn to work within organisational and cost constraints and set goals tied directly to stakeholder needs. Get the most from your project team and learn to utilise project management tools to get work done on time and within budget. Learn a comprehensive and thorough approach to project management - from the early stages of defining project requirements - to developing work breakdown structures, project change control and closeout.
Gain practical experience in proven project management techniques and discover a wealth of valuable, flexible tools that you can use immediately to ensure the success of any project in any type of organisation. In this training course you will learn project management skills through case studies, hands-on exercises and a broad array of practical experiences that can immediately be applied to your job.
What topics will be covered in the course?
- Introduction to Project Management
- What are "projects"?
- Why project management?
- The project life cycle
- Influences on a project
- Key stakeholders
- Project management process groups
- Project manager responsibilities
- Project Initiation
- Understanding the role of senior management
- Needs Assessment
- Project selection - benefit/cost ratio
- Present value and net present value
- Building SMART objectives
- Agreed to
- Developing Requirements
- Project charters
- Project Requirements Document
- Project Planning
- Scope planning
- The work breakdown structure
- Schedule Planning
- Network Diagrams - CPM
- Speeding up the Schedule
- Project Management Planning Software
- Cost Planning
- Responsibility Matrix
- Resource Loading and Levelling
- Risk Planning
- Procurement Planning
- Communication and quality planning
- Project Implementation
- Developing the project team
- Organisations and team structures
- Managing change
- Managing Risk
- Performance reporting
- Assessing and monitoring project performance
- Earned value
- Sunk costs
- Project Closeout
- Scope verification and customer acceptance
- Administrative and contractual closure
- Transferring lessons learned to future project
What will I learn?
- Master fundamental project management skills, concepts and techniques
- Link project goals and objectives to clear, compelling stakeholder needs
- Develop work breakdown structures
- Set realistic, measurable objectives and ensure positive results
- Estimate project costs and schedules using simple, proven techniques
- Establish a dependable project control and monitoring system
Is this course for me?
This course is aimed at individuals who need to strengthen their project management skill sets, those new to project management, or project managers seeking a refresher on fundamental project management knowledge, skills and current tools.
What is included in the price?
Lunch, snacks, and refreshments on all course days
Online tools and templates
Individual training consultation before and after the course
Does this course help me towards certification/accreditation?
At the end of the course you will get the chance to verify your level of knowledge in a test. You will receive a certificate upon successful participation. This course is also eligible if you aim to achieve an Associate’s or Master’s Certificate from George Washington University. Learn more.
Available as customised in-house training
Let us bring our classes to you! Our in-house training are ideal for groups of 10 or more people. We can provide Off-the-shelf training in the form of our classic courses, or we can provide bespoke training, tailored to your organisational goals and objectives.