Quality for Project Managers
Integrate quality management concepts with project management and enjoy business success.
Apply quality principles to project management itself and bring to the forefront the essentials of quality management and its vital link to business success. Learn how to define business quality standards, determine performance measures and continuously improve processes and procedures. Through case studies and real-world scenarios, gain an understanding of how our five-step model can help you plan project quality and quality control. Learn how to integrate quality management processes within your organisation to create a compatible and successful programme to support your business success.
What topics will be covered in the course?
- Managing Project Quality
- What is quality?
- Quality and the triple constraint
- What is project quality management?
- The three processes
- How it fits into the project life cycle
- The evolution of quality
- Systems thinking
- The cost of quality
- Formal quality systems
- Planning Project Quality
- What is quality planning (QP)?
- QP inputs and tools and techniques
- Stakeholders and customers
- Importance of identification
- Project quality requirements
- Identifying requirements
- Sources of requirements
- Common characteristics of quality requirements
- Prioritising project quality requirements
- Project quality standards
- SMART quality standards
- Quality function deployment (QFD)
- QP outputs
- Assuring Project Quality
- What is quality assurance (QA)?
- QA inputs and tools and techniques
- Developing QA activities
- Investigating QA capabilities
- Gap analysis
- SWOT analysis
- Process improvement
- QA activities and the project quality management plan
- Quality audits
- Quality path vs. critical path
- QA and change control
- QA outputs
- Controlling Project Quality
- What is quality control (QC)?
- Major questions of QP, QA and QC
- QC inputs and tools and techniques
- The voice of the customer and the voice of the process
- "Good enough" approach
- Taguchi’s loss function
- Quantum innovation vs. continuous improvement
- Plan-do-check-act (PDCA) cycle
- Basic quality control toolkit
- Check sheets
- Pareto charts
- Cause-and-effect diagrams
- Interrelationship digraphs
- Scatter diagrams
- Run charts
- Control charts
- Design of experiments
- QC activities and the project quality management plan
- QC outputs
- Putting Project Quality to Work
What will I learn?
- Integrate project quality management into the entire project life-cycle
- Use five steps to plan effectively for project quality management
- Use five steps to assess and improve your organisation’s current quality capabilities to ensure projects meet specified quality standards
- Ensure customer satisfaction by monitoring results using project quality control tools
- Apply project quality management tools and techniques to real-world project management situations
Is this course for me?
This course is suitable for Project Managers who want to learn more about how to apply quality principles into their projects.
What is included in the price?
Comprehensive course materials
Individual training consultation before and after the course
Does this course help me towards certification/accreditation?
At the end of the course all delegates will receive a certificate. This course is also eligible if you aim to achieve an Associate’s or Master’s Certificate from George Washington University. Learn more.
Available as customised in-house training
Let us bring our classes to you! Our in-house training are ideal for groups of 10 or more people. We can provide Off-the-shelf training in the form of our classic courses, or we can provide bespoke training, tailored to your organisational goals and objectives.