Testing Techniques for Tracing and Validating Requirements
Establish a risk-based and comprehensive master test strategy which matches the business need.
To ensure project success - planning and executing the testing process must begin as soon as the vision and scope for the solution takes shape. As the requirements for the solution are elicited, the business analyst and testing team develop and refine a master test plan which makes sure it incorporates testing strategies for detecting any defects in the requirements, solution or corresponding documentation. During this course, you will develop the competencies required to create test cases and scenarios as well as ensure proper test coverage according to the risk level. You will also discover the different levels and types of testing commonly used in solution development today.
What topics will be covered in the course?
- Introduction to Testing
- Recognising the Importance of Testing
- Recognising the BA Role in the Testing Process
- Differentiating between Validation and Verification
- Validating the Business Requirements Document (BRD) and Models
- Verifying the Solution
- The Testing Process
- Identifying the IT Strategy
- Identifying the Testing Life Cycle
- Aligning the Solution Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and the Testing Life Cycle
- Recognising the Importance of Test Methodologies
- Employing Traceability and Defect Analysis
- Levels and Types of Testing
- Using the V-Model of Testing
- Planning the Different Levels of Testing
- Planning the Different Types of Testing
- The Master Test Strategy
- Defining the Master Test Strategy
- Identifying Test Goals
- Defining the Test Strategies for each Level of Testing
- Identifying the Likelihood and Impact of Defects when Developing the Master Test Strategy
- Documenting the Master Test Strategy
- Planning Testing
- Identifying the Roles for Developing the Master Test Plan
- Documenting the Components of the Master Test Plan
- Compiling the Master Test Plan
- Planning for Changes in Requirements, Risk, and Quality
- Testing from the BA Perspective
- Testing and Assessing that Business and User Requirements are Met
- Performing User Testing and Acceptance Testing
- Conducting a Satisfaction Assessment
- Performing Usability Testing during Unit, Integration, System, and User Testing
- Conducting a Pilot Implementation Testing
- Managing and Prioritising Risk and Developing Risk Response Strategies
- Test Case Design Techniques
- Developing Test Scenarios and Test Cases
- Converting Use Case Scenarios to Test Scenarios
- Performing Black Box and Glass Box Testing
- Ensuring Test Coverage is Risk-Driven
- Using Test Tools
- Executing the Plan
- Executing and Updating the Master Test Plan
- Managing Changes to Test Strategies and Business Requirements
- Reviewing the Acceptance Test
What will I learn?
- Recognise the role of the business analyst (BA) in the testing process
- Validate the business requirements document (BRD) and analysis models
- Verify that the solution conforms to the requirements
- Communicate the importance of a testing methodology
- Determine what to test and trace those requirements throughout the solution development life-cycle (SDLC)
- Develop and execute a test plan
- Understand various testing techniques
Is this course for me?
This course is for Business Analysts who need to develop their skills in order to manage or participate in validating requirements and testing solutions by employing various testing techniques to ensure their product meets requirements.
What is included in the price?
Individual training consultation before and after the course
Does this course help me towards certification/accreditation?
At the end of the course you will get the chance to verify your level of knowledge in a test. You will receive a certificate upon successful participation. This course is also eligible if you aim to achieve an Associate’s or Master’s Certificate from George Washington University. Learn more.
Available as customised in-house training
Let us bring our classes to you! Our in-house training are ideal for groups of 10 or more people. We can provide Off-the-shelf training in the form of our classic courses, or we can provide bespoke training, tailored to your organisational goals and objectives.