Fundamentals of Lean and Agile
A foundational exploration of what it means to be Lean and Agile. Learn the value and basics of Lean and Agile execution and gain a clear understanding of the Lean and Agile universe in preparation for more advanced concepts and techniques.
Fundamentals of Lean and Agile provides a foundational exploration of what it means to be Lean and Agile. Attendees will not only learn the value and basics of Lean and Agile execution but also the necessary “other” elements of any successful Lean and Agile environment. Content includes overviews on both iterative and continuous delivery methods as well as Scrum and Kanban.
What topics will be covered in the course?
Lean and Agile Philosophies
- Describe the basic tenets of the Lean and Agile philosophies
- Summarise the evolution of the Lean and Agile movements
- List Lean values and principles
- List the values and principles of the Agile Manifesto
- Debunk the myths and misconceptions about Lean and Agile
The Role of Value in Lean and Agile Environments
- Describe the role value plays in the workflow of a Lean environment and in an Agile environment
- Describe how vision, product roadmaps, and product release plans promote value
- Explain how value is identified and delivered in Lean and Agile environments
- Describe how the practices of Lean, Agile, and Lean Startup support value creation and each other
- Describe, at a high-level, how value is considered in the management and breakdown of work
- Define minimum viable product (MVP) and understand its value
- Describe approaches for attaining an MVP
Scrum: Simple Iterative Work Management
- Explain the Scrum framework
- Identify the roles in Scrum
- Identify basic artifacts used in Scrum
- Describe basic techniques for effective execution of Scrum
- List and explain the ceremonies in Scrum
- Write and modify user stories
- Define and monitor velocity
Kanban: Simple Continuous Flow Work Management
- List the principles of Kanban
- Describe the Kanban practices
- Explain how PDCA, Kaizen, and continuous improvement align
- Describe the Kanban method
- Define the meaning of work in progress (WIP)
- Discuss how metrics are used to improve the flow in a Kanban environment.
What will I learn?
- Define the terms Lean and Agile as they apply to the modern business environment
- Describe the philosophy, values, and principles of Lean and Agile
- Recognise prevalent myths and misconceptions concerning Lean and Agile philosophies and purpose
- Describe concepts that Lean and Agile philosophies leverage for success
- Recognise benefits Lean and Agile approaches can provide
- Explain, at a high-level, the Scrum framework with associated roles and ceremonies
- Explain, at a high-level, the Kanban principles and method for delivery
What is included in the price?
Lunch, snacks, and refreshments on all course days
Individual training consultation before and after the course
Available as customised in-house training
Let us bring our classes to you! Our in-house training are ideal for groups of 10 or more people. We can provide Off-the-shelf training in the form of our classic courses, or we can provide bespoke training, tailored to your organisational goals and objectives.